Recent Calls
Mon. Jan 30th 2017
Ems

1-30-17 23:13, Station 73 was dispatched to assist Station 39 (Youngstown). Chief 39 arrived on scene and requested 73 cancel...

Read more »
Mon. Jan 30th 2017
Ems

1-30-17 at 19:49, Station 73 got dispatched to assist Station 114 (Lloydsville) for a ems assist on Sharky's Drive. ...

Read more »
Mon. Jan 23rd 2017
MVA

1-23-17, 17:48 Station 73 was dispatched to assist Station 39 (Youngstown) with a motor vehicle accident on Main St in Youngs...

Read more »
News Headlines
Mon. Feb 12th 2018
Sub Sale

Our next sub sale will be on March 3, 2018 at 9am. Locations that we will be at is upper Giant Eagle parking lot and upper Lo...

Read more »
Sun. Jan 14th 2018
2018 Line Officers

2018 Line OfficersChief: Tony MatuszkyAssistant Chief: Josh PiperSafety Officer: Lucas PowellCaptain: Jim Crusan, SrLieutenan...

Read more »
Fri. Aug 11th 2017
Gun Bash

Whitney - Hostetter VFD will be having a gun bash on September 23, 2017 at Hostetter Slovak Club. Doors open at 3:00pm and Fo...

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
The fork on the bicycle can break and cause the rider to lose control, posing a crash hazard.
The blankets’ and throws’ electric cord can overheat and catch on fire, posing fire and burn hazards.
The cord can become brittle near the base of the dryer, posing burn hazards.
The snaps near the collar can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The tempered glass top can shatter unexpectedly, posing a laceration and injury hazard to the user or bystanders.
The lithium-ion battery packs can overheat, posing burn and fire hazards to consumers.
The seat plate can break and detach from the seat base, posing a fall hazard.
An incorrect routing of the fuel line can cause it to wear and leak, posing a fire hazard.
An unfastened screw can damage the battery causing ovearheating, posing a fire hazard.
The engines have a faulty fuel cap, which can allow over-pressurization in the fuel tank, posing a risk of a fuel leak and fire hazard.
The mugs can crack or break when used with or exposed to hot liquids, posing burn and laceration hazards.
The lamp socket screw does not fasten tightly which can result in arcing or overheating, posing a fire hazard.
The snaps at the crotch can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The chain brake guard in the cordless electric chainsaw can fail and allow the chainsaw to continue operating, posing an injury hazard to users.
The cord restraints on the combination wand/cord of the sheer blinds can break, posing a strangulation hazard to children.
The mower’s blades can continue to rotate under power when the operator leaves the seat, posing a laceration risk to the user or bystander.
The brakes can fail, posing crash and injury hazards.
A broken motor mount can allow the electric heating element to come in contact with the interior plastic materials and ignite, posing fire and burn hazards.
The recalled recessed canister light kits can short circuit, posing a shock and electrocution hazard when consumers try to troubleshoot flickering lights.                                                                        
The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The pain and itch relief cream contains lidocaine, posing a risk of poisoning to young children.
The clamp attaching the mobile to the crib rail can break causing the mobile to fall, posing an injury hazard to an infant in the crib.
The hardware kits used to secure the wooden wall enclosures to the wall studs do not provide sufficient bracing support, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
Internal screws that secure the grounding wire can break and allow the grounding wire to become loose, posing a shock hazard.
The ears on the elephant rattles can break off, posing a choking hazard to young children.
The center post on the fidget spinner can become loose or fall out, posing a choking hazard.
The mounting screws that connect the swivel stand to the television can come loose and cause the television to tip over and fall off the stand unexpectedly, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in injuries or death to children.
The bassinets fail to meet the mandatory federal safety standard for bassinets and cradles, posing fall and entrapment hazards to babies.
The stool seat can loosen or break off at the base, posing a fall hazard to the user.
Mold can be present, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.
The power adapter wall plug can crack, break or detach and remain in the wall and expose live electrical contacts, posing a shock hazard.
Light refraction through the globes can singe or melt items in contact with or in the immediate proximity, posing a fire hazard.
The front legs on the highchair can detach from the seat, posing fall and injury hazards to children.
The lithium-ion batteries can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards
The blade spindle shaft can break during lawn mowing and the broken blade pieces can become projectiles. This poses a risk of an impact injury to bystanders or damage to property.
The zippers on the bean bag chair covers can be opened by children who can then crawl inside, become entrapped, suffocate or choke on the bean bag chair's foam beads.
The recalled propane may not contain sufficient levels of odorant to help alert consumers to a gas leak. Failure to detect leaking gas can present fire, explosion and thermal burn hazards.  
The headboard can disconnect from the bed frame and fall onto the bed, posing an entrapment hazard to children.
The stitching on the cloth cover can loosen, posing fall and injury hazards.
The brake cable housing was not secured properly during manufacturing, which can cause brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the rider.
The foam seat cushion and base can crack in the middle and cause the bench to collapse, posing a fall hazard.
Picture Gallery
Website Search
Apparatus Gallery
2018 Call Volume
 AllFireRescueEMS-Other
Jan5231534
Feb    
Mar    
Apr    
May    
Jun    
Jul    
Aug    
Sep    
Oct    
Nov    
Dec    
Total5231534

Call Volume History

Contact Information
Whitney-Hostetter VFD
155 Smolleck St
Whitney, PA 15693
Non-Emergency: 724-423-3888
Emergency: 911